I've been very behind at blogging, I mean adding to this blog. I check out plenty of favorite blogs daily.The winter has been hard and long, I went into a period of hibernating or so it feels like I did. I didn't pick up my camera either since early January. Simply no motivation. I really hate being cold and that is exactly what I have been for the last three months…cold to the bones.
The theme of this post is really all about Cooper. We have officially had him for 1 year, March 8th (or he has had us) and so we celebrate his birthday on this day. As you can tell it really means a lot to him. We decided that he would be two, since we have no idea!
So what have we been doing, losing our 401K for one thing! Our life's theme has become frugal and thrifty which we are doing pretty well with. We have cut out so many extras it become more of a challenge to figure out what else we can do. Little things like cutting down our long distance carrier, bring lunches to work everyday, carpooling, staying home (without driving) one day on the weekend and the big one, stop shopping! I bought nothing but necessities in the month of February. I put some clothing in a consignment shop. Even silly stuff, like stretching out the time between haircuts, it all counts!
Oh, but the big one, the library! I love the library! I have been taking books out every week, it's like candy. I love that I can order books too. I have 5 out on request now. The library is a great resource! John's big question, how many books can you have out at once, I have no idea but I'll see if I can push the limit!
As far as the crafting goes, still knitting John's sweater. I'm hoping to have it done by our anniversary on April 21. I'm working on the second sleeve now. I've been studying up on Elizabeth Zimmerman knitter extraordinaire. She has given me all kinds of great ideas for tackling knitting and making it a little more easy. For one, I really hate patterns, they all seem to be written in a way where something is assumed or left out. Maybe it's just me, I can be pretty dense! I just altered a vest I made last fall, and promptly never wore. The arm holes were too deep and it looked sloppy. Fixed and now I really like it. Updates (that would be images) to come!







That's a snapshot of a lazy morning, coffee in bed with pups all around, simple but so sweet!

No comments:
Post a Comment