So, if you could step back to anytime period what would it be? For me, I would like to go back and spend more time with both sets of grandparents. I'd love to know all of their family history but I would also spend time learning their passions. My Grandmother knitted, crocheted, sewed and cooked, my Grandfather was heavily into his wood shop and made all kinds of things, big things like grandfather clocks. Marty, my other grandmother was a painter and spoke French, and Poppy, my grandfather was into his garden and photography. They were all passionate about their hobbies. Marty and Poppy traveled extensively too, all over the world. I would love to learn more more about their trips. I spent last summer reading their journals. It would also be great to understand who everyone was in their families...to be able to step back in time, now that really would be something!
Now if given a second opportunity I'd like to see what our current house looked like when it was first built with it's first occupants. Since it was built in 1968 it appears to have some groove, if you know what I mean. We have seen glimpses of it's past hidden under wallpaper, enameled in the front guest bathroom sink, the awesome intercom system and a few other places. I really love this house for all it's personality, to think 6 unique occupants have lived here (we're #6)!



John has removed most of the intercoms from all of the rooms except the mother-ship in the kitchen. I won't let him, it's just too cool and the radio works!
I like it for it's modern, yet not so modern application. It's a little like stepping back in time!




So, as far as I'm concerned it will stay in the kitchen wall as the master control to the house and the current occupants!

No comments:
Post a Comment