



So what's with the shirts...well I found inspiration on a blog for this shirt at lunch on Friday, bought the pattern on the way home from work, made it in a light weight white cotton first on Saturday then took the plunge and made it with a silk cotton blend on Sunday. Sunday's version was a little challenging but rewarding and worn to work on Monday.
Why the blurry images, I like them I guess. They look more real and alive. Yes it's hard to see the details but makes for a more interesting picture (or so I think).
Sewing certainly makes you appreciate clothes off the rack but it poses a different way of thinking about clothes like how did my Grandmother make so many of her clothes? For one thing you had less clothes and probably wore them much longer, not thinking about fades. I think living with a little less might be good, certainly better for the planet.

2 comments:
Beautiful shirts!! The cardigan goes great with the polka-dot version! You are so talented in so many ways!
Thanks Jeanie, you are very kind!
Post a Comment