August 13, 2008

VRC

My beautiful greyhound Rue passed away today. We had him for 8 years (or he had us). He lived to be 12 (minus a month and a handful of days). He was born in France and spent the first part of his life racing. He had tattoos inside each ear, left had VRC and the right had T2. I have no idea what it meant, probably just a way to identify him on the tracks. He was a very good dog and he was truly my dog. He was very big, tall and very exotic looking, he always attracted a lot of attention. Our last 4 months together were a challenge with health issues that kept chipping away at mobility. It's so incredibly hard to say goodbye. He was a big beautiful boy, my big beautiful boy with many nick names, Ruby always my favorite! I'm quite sure dogs go to heaven, they are so blessed and sweet!

Here's a little secret, it's really good to have a dog in your life. It's true what they say, unconditional love, all the way. My Ruby would dance when I came home, laugh all you want but it was definitely a dance. And tell me this, who do you know dances at the sight of seeing you after 8 hours. Now I call that Love! We both danced, as I was just as happy to see him, and you know, he really was an excellent listener. It's those tall, handsome bridle types!

The picture above was taken when Rue first arrived in our home, September 2000. The other two pictures are very current, hanging out together, cause that's what we did! I wanted to take a picture of his feet because I would refer to paws clustered together as a "paw bundle". Ruby would wrap his front legs around each other to make prissy paws, it was adorable (perhaps you had to be there). I gotta tell you, dogs have a way of seeping into your heart. Perhaps I'm a little dog crazy but what's the harm!

Oh, and his fur, the most luxurious fur in the world, like butt-ah! So incredibly soft and downy-like. I could bury my nose in his fur and never get enough! Also, dogs are nice, they never say anything mean, like hey stupid human, you look ridiculous in that get-up. It might be helpful if they did!

So, I'm lucky right?! I had a living Ruby for 8 years and he shone like a beauty and opened doors all on his good looks and fine manners! I just had to share the love of Rue, such a good, big boy! ...Yes I'm crying, the passing of a puppy is so incredibly hard, but he'll stay in my heart always!

A little more gray but still the very handsome man!

I always love a paw bundle!



The deck garden - something Rue and all the puppies enjoy! Me too, each day brings so many surprises!



The tomatoes are progressing. We have enough to add to every dinner and the season has just started in Minnesota!

No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit