November 2, 2008

Family Legacy







My paternal grandparents traveled the country and the world. They left behind journals full of details of their travels and their passports. I was not close to Marty and Poppy. We lived in California and they lived in Clayton, MO. The lack of connecting was probably due mainly to distance and living very busy lives. My cousins who also lived in Missouri spent a lot of time with them and helped clean-up their house when the time came. Luckily they saved these journals which I learned about earlier in the year. I spent three weeks slowly reading each journal which was like walking into their lives. The first journal is a car trip in the 30's, they traveled to Yellowstone. Some of their more exotic travels were to Peru, Machu Picchu, Japan, Vietnam and Eygpt...it just goes on and on. Every book is written by Marty. She gives a clear idea of what they are doing day by day and the history. The most fun is her insight on Poppy, people around her, the food she eats and what excites her (or occassionally annoys her).

No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit