November 30, 2008

Pie anytime


Pumpkin pie is really my favorite and a pie I can make with ease (or so I think). I made the worst pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. It was terrible, the crust was like cement and the filling was tasteless. It looked bad and it tasted bad too. Pumpkin pie is relatively easy to make unless you start from the pumpkin...I didn't.

Four days later I attempted to erase my disaster from my memory. If you can believe the crust shrunk down into a mini crust! I was ready to call it the end of the pie season. The day was saved by my boyfriend and trusty baker/cook/beer brewer. Although I haven't tried a piece yet, it looks good and the way it should. Please excuse the messy edges, it's a recreation from the mini crust.

I wonder if this is a sign I need to try something new or perhaps let those who can make good (pie).

With a heavy sigh, I'll just let this one go...

No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit