March 19, 2011

For Virginia


Hi Virginia,

Don't you love it, I'm just going to write you a little letter…I'm sure Brian will love this-HA! You asked about shirt dresses. I've made Amy Butler's Liverpool twice now and I really think the pattern is brilliant. I have worn both tunics often and have nothing but great things to say about this pattern. It's a little pricey but I think it's worth every penny!

Now I came across Lisette by Simplicity recently and I'm having a love affair with her patterns as well. I kinda got lucky and hit upon the $1.99 sale at Joann's. Lisette also has fabric which is really quite nice. Here's the link if you want to check them out: http://www.simplicity.com/c-701-lisette.aspx . I have not gotten my act together to start this one, but I hope too very soon!

Cathe

2 comments:

Virginia H. said...

Well I like having my own little letter on your blog! I am checking the Joann flyers now for the next Simplicity sale. I hadn't seen the Lisette patterns before, but I really like them! And I had forgotten about Amy Butler all together, which amazes me. I think a pattern is worth the extra cost if it is well constructed and helps you to reach a finished garment that you will actually want to wear! Thanks for all the tips. I'll let you know if I get a chance to make any of these. I just got a sale post card from Treadle, so who knows... :)

Cathe said...

Yes I too have received the Treadle postcard, there goes ant hope of restraint!

 

avandia class action lawsuit