March 14, 2011

Red dress (slop)

Okay this one really frustrated me and why I made a dress is beyond me. I rarely wear dresses…oh whatever. On closer inspection you would see all kinds of futzy slop that I couldn't get right. There was lots of repeat performances on this one. The pattern is fine, it's just me. On a more challenging note, I learned all kinds of new things. Just a bit disappointed that I spent too much time on this to feel so underwhelmed. Maybe someday I'll try it again!




4 comments:

Virginia H. said...

Looks pretty darn cute to me. But I know how it is when you have to redo too often with one project. Makes you want to toss it out the window of a moving vehicle. I was just thinking last week that I would like to try a shirt dress. If I do maybe I will have to pick your brain so I can learn from your "slop". Although I looked, and I swear I didn't see it! :)

Cathe said...

John said it right, the dress isn't me. It's just to prissy for me. Yep and the redo x too many times just wore me down. I should know better, this pattern has too many pieces, sure sign I should run the other direction! But thank you for the kind words!

Virginia H. said...

I get the prissy thing. I can see that. Not quite clean enough? Sounds like you learned from it, so not a total loss!

Cathe said...

No, not a total loss at all.

I'm really tall and have broad shoulders so when things are too frilly it all looks ridiculous on me. I do think it's a cute dress, just not on me.

Here's another pattern for you: Butterick 5600, pretty darn cute!

 

avandia class action lawsuit