February 6, 2011

Memory Lane

I know this blog is about all things crafty but I need to take a little time out to reflect on the past so I've posted a handful of pictures that I adore all from many years ago.

This is a picture of my daughter Coty and her Grandpa with Piglet. Piglet was Coty's special friend. Coty named Grandpa "Daddy June" which to this day sticks. My mom's name is June, see the funny connection? We adopted Coty when she was just turning 4 years old. It was so funny to see how she connected all of us together.

We spent so many years sailing with my parents. These are memories I will always cherish. I have sailed a lot with my parents about a billion times to Catalina from LA light house and two extraordinary trips, one in the BVI (British Virgin Islands) and the other, Tonga down in the South Pacific.

This is a sweet picture of my Uncle (in a leisure suit) toasting my Grandparents on their 50th anniversary, the year is 1977.

This is a picture of my Grandmother with her dear sister Ruth (my great Aunt). My Grandmother was extremely talented, she knit, crocheted and sewed. She made beautiful things. Between my Mom and my Grandmother I like to think I carry on the tradition of handmade love! I believe my sister and niece do too!

This is my sister at the same time, she is so cute and bright, you can just see it in her open smile!


Back on the ocean with Captain John. Anne and I are just yucking it up as we always do!


This is my very dearest friend Jean-o…yep Jean-o! She's sitting with my Dad, who always wears tropical themed shirts.


This is back before we were married. On another boat…see the theme here… get married or we'll throw you overboard!


And finally, hope you haven't fallen asleep…sailing out beyond the peninsula towards Catalina, ummm yea I can navigate sort of. My Mom is keeping a sharp eye out for obstacles.

No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit