To start off with…inspiration! There are a handful, maybe more than just a handful but still a small community of individuals creating clothing made here in the USA. The idea is that they are made by individuals using resources found here, sometimes organic, reused, and wholesome. The idea is that you stop consuming cheap products made by and in unethical scenarios. You have to pay more for a very well made product that was created by well, maybe your neighbor or a really nice couple in Tennessee. To me this sounds right but it's hard to walk the walk that I'm talkin'. Something I'll continue to strive for.Sleeveless shirt: Alabama Chanin
Denim| Chambray dress: Imogene & Willie
Jeans: Imogene & Willie
Seersucker blouse: Emerson Made



Here's how I used my dyed blue gingham fabric…tunic (check), Sorbetto inspired (check), and comfortable (check).
I made many alterations to the pattern knowing I wanted to cut the fabric on the bias. I knew it would drape differently from my earlier experiment but also I could only make the tunic so long. I lowered the neckline a little. I gathered at the center of the neckline where the pleat would have been if it was Sorbetto. I eliminated the bias tape on the armholes and reduced the width on the neckline. Overall I trimmed down the body a little too.
The fabric's textured changed after it had been dyed, sat in the sun, and washed many times over. It has a silk-like quality. The dye did not adhere evenly which I really love, it looks like it's sun dappled.





4 comments:
LOVE it! Such a lovely shade of blue and perfect for summer!
Oh I love it! Beautiful job. Is Emerson Made still made in the US? That would be awesome if it were so...c
She has a line that she clearly calls out as made in India but yes there are items still made here with organic fibers.
Thanks ladies for your kind words.
This sorbetto is just beautiful.. Blue is definitely your color..
Wonder what else can be done with the sorbetto?? What an awsome pattern..
Your dyed fabric is great too..
Post a Comment