July 27, 2011

sewing bender

I have been having quite the time sewing lately. It's a really good outlet for me when uncontrollable things get a little outta hand…that would be work as in WORK!

I posted this pattern a while ago as something I wanted to make soon. It's referenced further down in this post. The pattern company is "Hot Patterns" and the fabric I picked is Rayon…ish what a pain! So this tunic became known as the "hot mess". And I fully admit, I let it get the better of me and seriously it's a pretty simple project.

Of course when it was all done, I was really happy with it and thought "gee all that pain but heck, I learned so much".



You know the boys wanted to be in the picture although I was sure Tag was ready to jump in the lake while Cooper climbed on my lap for the safety of what he thought was land!

Here's the guilty pattern with very vague instructions and odd pattern pieces…


And the dreaded fabric that wanted to shed on me continually! Guilty as charged!

2 comments:

sertyan said...

Hi Cathe!
I have heard many 'wonders' of rayon, that it drapes well, but from your post I do not think it's so wonderful anymore, hey I don't think I would be able to tackle/sew such a tricky cloth!!
I love your blouse anyway, the colour looks god on you!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

I love your tunic. .Just beautiful.. One of my favorites..

 

avandia class action lawsuit