Personally I love "easy" patterns…I know I should step out and move along but there is something so pleasant about them.I decided I would dig into my stash and make a light and summery skirt to celebrate the season and the 4th of July!
My never ending challenge is to make the outside and inside equally tidy. I went with flat felled seams so I could add top stitching in red for a fun accent.
I would guess this skirt took me around 4 hours. I am not a very fast seamstress. It is a very straight forward pattern. I didn't completely follow the instructions which always feels good. Take all those great tips I have learned from my sewing classes and apply them to all these projects.
Coops and I are about as relaxed as can be. Actually Coops would like to chase after that annoying bird that is taunting him!
Pocket detail… big deep pockets to hold all kinds of goodies. I added the red trim to break up the fabric a little and the button, just cause. And yes, Cooper needed a matching tie and so indeed I made him one, he thanked me!


4 comments:
Cute skirt!
I wish "easy" patterns were actually "easy" for me. I spent yesterday cursing out the Sorbetto for requiring an FBA. :/
I just love this skirt.. I really think I am into skirts right now!!!
The fabric is so pretty..just perfect for July 4th holiday..
the pocket idea was great..really added to the pattern..
I love EASY too.. Happy Sewing. and Happy July4 th.
I LOVE that your dogs often have matching collars from the scraps of your projects! I've spotted a few! I always seem to mention the cute dog before the cute sewing project - clearly I need to re-work my priorities! The skirt and its details are gorgeous, as always Cathe!
Sometimes an easy project is just what's needed, and I love how this turned out--great fabric!
Post a Comment