
First I should introduce you to Peggy, she's my new dress form.
We're very close in size but I think she is perkier then me.
Heck, she's much younger then me so she should be well placed!
Peggy is lovely and very agreeable. For sure BBF!
Back to the shirt, which I finished on Sunday.
This pattern is from Colette patterns and is called: Sencha.
They have a very 40's vibe to all their patterns.
Their link is http://www.colettepatterns.com/
I used Anna Marie Horner fabric from her "Little Folks" collection.
It's cotton voile, quite lovely and light!
Her link is: http://www.annamariahorner.com/
I finally went to Crafty Planet in NE Minneapolis a few weekends back.
It was a very nice surprise.
The store is loaded with lots of wonderful crafty stuff!
Certainly a place I could lose many hours at.
Their link is http://www.craftyplanet.com/
I found both the pattern and fabric there.
After my visit I felt very complete.
Regarding the pattern. It's very straight forward.
I did a few things differently, just because I could or maybe I neglected
really reading the instructions until after the fact (very typical).
I added 2" to the body to accommodate my height.
The only thing I would do differently if using this type of
fabric again, is to line the panel with the button holes.
The fabric is very delicate and could use stabilizer to help it stay flat.
We're very close in size but I think she is perkier then me.
Heck, she's much younger then me so she should be well placed!
Peggy is lovely and very agreeable. For sure BBF!
Back to the shirt, which I finished on Sunday.
This pattern is from Colette patterns and is called: Sencha.
They have a very 40's vibe to all their patterns.
Their link is http://www.colettepatterns.com/
I used Anna Marie Horner fabric from her "Little Folks" collection.
It's cotton voile, quite lovely and light!
Her link is: http://www.annamariahorner.com/
I finally went to Crafty Planet in NE Minneapolis a few weekends back.
It was a very nice surprise.
The store is loaded with lots of wonderful crafty stuff!
Certainly a place I could lose many hours at.
Their link is http://www.craftyplanet.com/
I found both the pattern and fabric there.
After my visit I felt very complete.
Regarding the pattern. It's very straight forward.
I did a few things differently, just because I could or maybe I neglected
really reading the instructions until after the fact (very typical).
I added 2" to the body to accommodate my height.
The only thing I would do differently if using this type of
fabric again, is to line the panel with the button holes.
The fabric is very delicate and could use stabilizer to help it stay flat.



What a geek! Lipstick and all!


No comments:
Post a Comment