May 8, 2010

sewing


I've been sewing a lot (for me, that is) and I have found it very satisfying.
I like the "act" of making something or creating.
The second shirt is a repeat, I've shown it before here
but I wanted to include it (new images) as these shirts
have been made in the last 2 months.



This was from a Vogue pattern, I had to mix two sizes,

I have broad shoulders! A little challenging, but all good.





I've shown this one before in an earlier post.
It's an Amy Butler pattern.
Pretty straight forward.







Another Amy Butler pattern and fabric.
I made this in a sewing class. What fun!


This too was pretty straight forward, no need to alter the pattern.

Aligning the fabric pattern was a little challenging and probably
(
definitely wasted fabric), but the end result is exactly how I envisioned it.
I like the fact it's thought out and pretty much what I had hoped for.
If I make this again (which I might), I would make the belt/ties
separate to the body of the dress. Right now the ties come from the side.
They are intended to tie in the back but I'm not a fan of back ties.
They tend to feel like you have a knot placed in the middle of your back
when you are sitting (which you do).


That's the beauty of sewing, you can make it up as you go
and really personalize your piece.





No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit