Nothing like a super greeting from the family on my return! So nice and welcoming!I did something kind of fun today. I had an old cashmere sweater of my Dad's that didn't fit him. I think it was short in the arms and body, but keep in mind he is 6'6". It was just sitting around, John wasn't enamored with this sweater either although he tried to shrink it in the washing machine. It wasn't felted. I decided I couldn't really do anything worse to this sweater, or if I did it might not be a big loss. I took out 2 inches on either side of the body, that would be a total of 4" and 2 inches on either sleeve. first I sewed it then I serged it. I have to say it's a huge improvement. I want to try this on another sweater that lacks shape that I bought at a consignment shop last year.
The other thing I did was to go to SR Harris fabric outlet in Brooklyn Park. Ouch what a nightmare of a store. I found some nice wool but it took quite an effort. I guess that's all fair since it is 50% off. I'm not sure I could stomach that place again…maybe. I went to Moods in NYC and I thought that was a challenge, at least organized, this is at best a trash heap of fabric, with a few good finds but mostly questionable stuff (in my opinion).
Alright, tomorrow I sew, lots of catching up to do!

No comments:
Post a Comment