October 10, 2010

Sewing fun

A lot of sewing took place this weekend. I made the shirt below first in a lovely wool knit blend which was dreamy. The shirt above was a little more challenging but all turned out fine. Now I'm really glad I made a muslin for this pattern last weekend. It really helped me understand what I needed to do and what to expect. For some odd reason the Bernina sisters were not happy with me and I broke four needles…what's with that? I was about ready to give up on the serger. Perseverance paid off after about an hour of threadinging and re-threading. Sometimes I wonder why things are so difficult and other times they breeze by. I guess that's just the way it is.

Anyway, two shirts completed (same pattern, short sleeved, long sleeved), two walks taken, three wild turkeys seen and no cars driven. Doesn't that sound perfect?


No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit