October 4, 2010

muslin fabric test

What I mean by muslin fabric test, is using cheap fabric to make a pattern, before destroying the good fabric. Not that I intend to destroy good fabric but in my haste to jump into making something I have been known to make irreversible mistakes. I fount this fabric at Hancock Fabrics. It was in the super saver section. Now I don't know if a printed knit can be called muslin but there, I just did it. As usual I had to add inches to the body and arms but no other surprises. I made some minor errors but since this is a test I just let it go. Now when I get poised to sew the good stuff hopefully I will not have the same issues. And the good stuff is tonal small stripes so hopefully I will do a better job at matching up the pattern, unlike this sample!

No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit