October 23, 2010

Last Sunday

I had 1 day off over my ten day stint and on this day, last Sunday, I traveled from the very north end of the West Village down to the Brooklyn Bridge and back up through Soho. I took to many pictures which I have documented here. So imagine you start out walking around 10am and return around 6pm, that's what I did. The Brooklyn Bridge is another post. It might seem like a bad idea, but it actually turned out to be really nice. The temperature reached around 80ยบ too. I figured I could always jump in a taxi or get on the subway if I wimped out, which I did not!











Isn't this crazy, the whole front of this store is lined with old hand-cranked sewing machines. It really was something!





Jazz in the park, who couldn't love that?! And they were really good!



The process of recycling. It's a little shocking to see someone digging through the trash but thank you for doing that. I know it's a terribly hard thing to have to do to survive, but on the other hand could we make recycling easier. Seriously hard working individuals not asking for a handout.



Ahhh, Purl Soho, of course I would have to visit the lovely Purl Soho. It was packed, what's with these crafters?! I bought some embroidery thread just for evening entertainment. I added a little decoration to my tote bag.













Tribute to 9|11, painted tiles attached to the chain link fence.




And I'm back "home" to my "pod" aka hotel.

No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit