
To make up for lost time I jumped right in and started sewing another tunic\cowl neck yesterday (Sunday). 6 pieces makes a shirt and a lovely jersey wool knit makes an even nicer tunic. There is a theme here and to make my theme complete it includes "very easy Vogue"! Well, why not? If it works, it works. I added an inch to the arm length, the body actually looked long enough and ta-da a new shirt…mm, tunic!
For some odd reason Blogger and the Internet were not my friends last night so a day later I post. I actually wore this shirt today and I love it. It meets all of my criteria, comfortable and easy to wear.
I used layout "B". I questioned, and I'm sure you are too, what's the difference between layout "B" and "C". On "C" the cowl is an addition and on "B" it's incorporated in to the front panel…got that? Good!
This is going to be next weekend's adventure, the wrap blouse. I need to step away from my favorite, the cowl and move on to new territory. More to come here!
And next is the jacket in layout "A". I'll use the full length sleeves instead of the 3/4 length. I do think 3/4 length is cute but not all that practical, especially if it snows on Wednesday (really!). I'm debating between this fabric or the fabric below. I love the vintage look of the below fabric.
Thinking about layout "C", with this really nice knit (as in real knit) fabric. One side is gray and the other is maroon. The pattern isn't all that inspiring but I think if it's a true knit and not a fleece it could be super cute. This is for John. It would be dorky on me.
Layout A is the top choice, although all would be really nice. The fabric is this really light weight wool blend. It looks very retro, a really nice light weight, again for John. I wonder if I could alter it for me…
And a very quick and easy shirt (A). Did I tell you stripes are really hot right now? Okay for me they are! If I find the energy I may tackle this during the week just for the fun of it.
And the next class is zippers starting Friday afternoon. I totally fear them. When I first bought my sewing machine a handful of years ago I took a zipper class and it was great but as the saying goes, if you don't use it, you lose it…and I think I have forgotten a lot of the details. I'm pretty excited about this class, very handy!
p.s. The heavy weight "boys" shirt (I posted a short time ago) was more perplexing than I thought it would be. More to come!
And the next class is zippers starting Friday afternoon. I totally fear them. When I first bought my sewing machine a handful of years ago I took a zipper class and it was great but as the saying goes, if you don't use it, you lose it…and I think I have forgotten a lot of the details. I'm pretty excited about this class, very handy!
p.s. The heavy weight "boys" shirt (I posted a short time ago) was more perplexing than I thought it would be. More to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment