I was thinking about gingham (again) and came across this image from Streetfsn and was so inspired! How about gingham on a bias, blue gingham with a pop of red! I love this look. Here's a great blog for trend spotting: http://streetfsn.blogspot.com/ and a great place to find all kinds of inspiration for the fashion minded.
Colette's Sorbetto on a bias is much different, very flowy. I added about 4" to the length and created four pleats on the front panel. This version still needs refinement but I like the direction this one is headed in.
Here's the back. I added a bow where the bias tape meets at the back of the neck. The bias tape tends to want to fall forward. Next time I will pull the tape a little as I attach it to the neckline to create a tighter attachment that (hopefully) stands up instead of flopping over. The gingham fabric is of a poor quality, okay I found it for $2 a yard, seriously. I had planned to use it for muslins. For me, this version of Sorbetto on a bias is a wearable muslin. So yes, I'm not done with this idea…just getting started!
I didn't do a very good job document "polka" Sorbetto earlier so here she is on Peggy and me. It's a very comfortable shirt, good for all things summer.




5 comments:
I like your bias version of Sorbetto with the little pintucks. I saw someone wearing a navy blue tank like this the other day and was thinking that I could use Sorbetto to re-create it and you've shown me that it can be done!
Recently found your blog and love your style! I just made a similar sorbetto and I solved the gaping bias tape problem by--before I sewed the tape on--laying the bias tape over the neckline and steaming it into the right shape for the neck and armholes. Worked great! Definitely going to try the next one in bias though after seeing yours!
-Marlena
Marlena-
Thanks for your insight. I will try your technique!
cj
Cathe,
I missed the posting on the gingham check on the bias..Oh .how pretty.. It really changed the look of it completely. i will have to try this technique.. I love it.I really like the little pleats in the front.. different and so cute..
I still love the yellow polka dot too.. Looks good on you.
love sorbetto..so easy..so cute..
I love your versions of Sorbetto! I just tried one, and while I like it, I'm now thinking I should do something else to make it 'pop.' It's definitely not as exciting as your two versions!
Post a Comment