June 20, 2010

New Shirt - complete


The sewing addiction goes on. I think I'm averaging one shirt a week with an occasional two. This one was inspired by a Pink shirt (brand) that I saw at Macy's. I never shop at Macy's but to get from one location at work to another I travel the skyways which takes me through Macy's. They have a Thomas Pink boutique and on one of their displays was a really nice white shirt (see last pictures below) which inspired me to make this shirt.

I have ironed it quite a bit but being linen (and humid) it seems to want to wrinkle right back up. I'll just have to roll with that added dimension.



I made a few alterations to this shirt. I added about 1 inch to the length of the sleeves. The back side was suppose to be pleated. I took the extra fabric and made it into a French seam (so much cleaner and less bulkiness around the middle). This shirt was designed to be longer, echoing the look of a man's shirt with "tails". I cut off about four inches and straightened the hem and removed the slits up the sides. I just like it simple I guess.

There were a few challenges but all good. I would definitely make this pattern again.




Here's the Thomas Pink shirt, it retails for $185.
It's cute but out of my range!


No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit