
Yesterday (June 29) towards the end of the day, Coty and I hailed down a taxi and headed up to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see the exhibit called American Woman. The show covers a span of fashion (clothes) from the 1890's up to the 1940's. Each era has a theme based on what was driving fashion and women. The last room is a celebration of all women going all the way up to current day.

Here's to good karma. There was a woman behind us in line that cut in front of us and paid the full entry price ($20) and right after that the museum staff started letting people in free, as the museum was open for only one hour. No matter, I would have happily paid to see this exhibit, well worth it and so inspiring.
Here's the link to the museum site if you would like to see more:
http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/collection_database/listview.aspx?dd1=63
At the same time the Brooklyn Museum of Art also has an exhibit on fashion that runs at the same time, ending August 1. Here's their link:
http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhibitions/american_high_style/
I noticed many of the dresses at the Met came from the Brooklyn Museum. I bet the curators of these two shows had such a blast!















No comments:
Post a Comment