July 1, 2010

New York City _ Day 1


Coty and I went to NYC this week. I had work to do and I wanted her to experience something new. She has been to NYC when she was 7, but honestly who can remember much at 7? So here we are, day 1 of our big but short adventure.



We stayed at the Standard in the meat packing district, near Chelsea. Right up the street is Diane Von Furstenburg's head quarters, umm no we didn't see her.


The front yard of the Standard.



Looking down the street from our hotel.



Here's our hotel, The Standard. It's connected to the High Line. In case you are interested in learning more about the High line: http://www.thehighline.org/

I'll spare you from my blabbering about the High Line, I'll just say it's truly a beautiful addition to the area.




There's all kinds of interesting outlets to explore on the High Line. This area is a sound exhibit that plays chimes and bells of NYC every minute.



Take a seat and rest…says my blistered feet after a day of running around.



A photo shoot from above…



Wild flowers on the High Line…



Trina Turk, one of Coty's favorite designers, such a cheerful and bright shop.



See the geek's reflection in the window, proof I was there.





A necessary stop for all of us crafters, oddly I felt overwhelmed in their new space. That's very typical of me. I can only handle so many choices at one time. The store is beautiful although I liked their old store(s) too which we passed by on our way over to the new store.

I'm best with a plan rather then no plan. I loved everything and touched quite a few fabrics, yarn skeins and wool felt samples but bought nothing, how sad…apparently I had no plan. I loved the Liberty of London fabrics but just couldn't justify a purchase especially without a plan. I wonder if I'm going to regret this?!







It was incredibly hot and humid. I haven't been so toasty since living on the east coast. It was sticky hot. We walked and walked and became slower and slower. We had a great time just poking around, Coty was a real trooper and never complained, she is a great traveler.


No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit