
Finally, I got caught up with myself and finished this top (or tunic) I had been thinking about for too long. I started it with a different pattern that, as I cut out the 12th piece made me think why do I want to do this? I went back to my Amy Butler Liverpool pattern and thought this is a perfect pattern, it fits me and I know it's well constructed, all the qualities I like in a pattern. What I had in mind would be really minor alterations; such as sleeveless, a slightly thicker button band and no collar, all very easy to work out (phew). I started sewing after my Aunt and Uncle left on Sunday and finished up tonight. The great thing about a known pattern is the lack of surprises.
Ah the lace, actually I should call it tatting (durable lace), also from Nana's stash. She made tons of this tatting for the opening edge on pillowcases. I know, what elegant pillowcases! Thankfully Evelyn (John's Mom) saved all of it and even cut it off the material it was attached to.
All in all I'm really happy with this top and it came together so easily. It's so nice to have an image in your mind and have it translate to an actual thing. I'm also very happy to be able to incorporate the tatting into the shirt, just a little more special I think.
Ah the lace, actually I should call it tatting (durable lace), also from Nana's stash. She made tons of this tatting for the opening edge on pillowcases. I know, what elegant pillowcases! Thankfully Evelyn (John's Mom) saved all of it and even cut it off the material it was attached to.
All in all I'm really happy with this top and it came together so easily. It's so nice to have an image in your mind and have it translate to an actual thing. I'm also very happy to be able to incorporate the tatting into the shirt, just a little more special I think.



1 comment:
I love this top. It has plenty of details. Love love the vintage lace and the shell like buttons. Looks good on you too. YOu should upload all your creations on Sew Weekly.
Post a Comment