
Here's the finished shirt from my recent sewing class at Treadle. I think this shirt is made up of 5 pieces which in my mind is the perfect amount. I'm not a big fan of fussy so this worked out perfectly. I learned lots of new techniques since I had never sewn with a knit cotton fabric. The class was excellent!



I used a double needle on the hem which is really pretty fascinating. The back side creates a zig-zag and the front is made up of two running stitches. Pretty neat! No fancy setting, just the regular running stitch!

While I was working on this shirt and my earlier shirt I convinced John to sew a bag. This bag is his practice bag. He used the Necchi sewing machine which worked perfectly. By-the-way, he has never sewn anything from a pattern. I'm very impressed!

No comments:
Post a Comment