July 2, 2010

New York City_Day 2

Late in the afternoon of day 2 we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which is mentioned in an earlier post. While doing our 1 hour fly by we also went into the modern wing of the museum. I think the reason I enjoy art museums is because it gives me a glimpse into the past. I appreciate the talent and the inspiration but I love to see through the artist's eyes.

Across from the museum…



This is the ride of Paul Revere


Edward Hopper



I would love to sit naked by a river, really.
I love the artist signature (as well as this painting);
Horace Pippin (African American born in PA 1888).





Georgia O'Keefe





Statue

Artist

A Gelato break!

Lilly Pulitzer, another favorite of Coty's.

Central Park, so peaceful.

A&F on 5th Ave. Yes, Coty and one of their male models,
quite the promotion (and commotion).

Time Square…promise me never to
spend much time in Time Square.

It will change your perception of NYC, it's all wrong.

Back down to Soho for dinner at Mercer Kitchen.




This is a blurry image, but as I was looking at this building,
Coty pointed out "Singer".

Oh the history in New York City!

No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit