July 6, 2010

could it be…another shirt?


Umm, yes it could be another shirt! So here's the dealie-o, someone at work asked me to make a valance for their baby's room which absorbed all of Saturday making me yearn for a more challenging project. Don't get me wrong, valances are challenging but mainly in figuring out how to cut long straight pieces of fabric, the rest is just just sewing, ironing and sewing. With a nice long four-day weekend it seems like I could fit in a shirt (surprise, surprise). I found the instructions a little challenging and after two tries I went back to what I know works and sure enough, success!

So here it is…I like it but it still needs to grow on me.





More Anna Marie Horner fabric.
More surprises from me. I think I'm becoming predictable!




Here's the pattern.



Coops just happened to be hanging out when I was taking pictures,
and he is so very handsome!



On the 4th we went to Ikea…yes, while other people are doing normal 4th of July activities we're stomping around Ikea. Actually there were a lot of people there so perhaps that was the thing to do. While sifting through all of their stuff I came across fabric at $3.99 a yard. It's heavy canvas, certainly not for shirts but perfect for covering bulletin boards! Coops approves it too!

No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit