April 23, 2011

McCall's 3551-muslin

Weekend project…

I'm excited to try making hand bound buttonholes. I tried a few tests and found it very satisfying, both in look and execution.


When I was working on my apron I did a little hand sewing. I use to hate hand sewing, now I really love it. I like the calming quietness of it and the results can be really amazing.

I'm working out my muslin for pattern 3551 today. I needed to add length and adjust waist and hips. So far so good. I had thought I might need to accommodate broad shoulders but with no sleeves I think I'm fine. And yes, I crawled out from under a rock! I feel like our house, John is ripping up the old flooring in the dinning/living room so we are "under construction" just like me today.


2 comments:

Debi said...

ooohh! It's going to be so lovely! I really want to learn how to do hand bound buttonholes--you'll have to post which technique you used and liked as I've seen several floating around the blogosphere :)

Cathe said...

It was enjoyable. I think I need more practice. This blog has the most beautiful buttonholes: www.tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/search/label/buttonsholes and of course Cupcake Goddess, Sunni! I think she really got me inspired to give this a try.

 

avandia class action lawsuit