My first try at Hong Kong seams. I have to say they are beautiful and a desired finish I'd love to learn and so I did. I've been working on a wool cape which requires HK seams. I used Rayon Ambiance (green fabric) as the seam coverage or HK seams.
The rayon is cut on the bias, 1" wide and aligned to the edge of the wool (outer facing).
Then the Rayon is flipped over (and ironed) to the backside. Following the clean seam I stitched in the ditch to sew the back side of the rayon in place.
And here is how it looks when it's completed…oh happiness!



2 comments:
I like your choice of colour for the seams, it's very refreshing against the grey wool. This HK seams looks like normal bias binding to me, except that you need to fold once again inside for bias bindings on the latter..this is slightly easier, I think..but good job, produced a clean finish!
Thanks for the tutorial Cathe.. I had it in that magazine, but your is so much easier to understand..
Love the lime green in the wool cape..Just beautiful.
Post a Comment