May 28, 2011

Colette's Sorbetto

This is Colette's Sorbetto, a free download-able pattern. Here's the link: http://www.colettepatterns.com/blog/colette-patterns-news/free-pattern-to-download-the-sorbetto-top.

This was a really enjoyable pattern. I started it Friday night after dinner and a really full week. The pattern pieces are tiled which can be a nightmare but this pattern tiles perfectly! It's just two pieces plus a long piece of bias tape.

I was so inspired by the above image provided by Colette. I had some really fun fabric I purchased last year from Treadle in St. Paul. The fabric is manufactured by Kokka a Japanese company. If you want to see more of their selection here is a link: http://www.fabricworm.com/kokka.html. So the pattern and the fabric met last night for a perfect match up! You might even say a party took place!


The front center has a large pleat running down it, just a very simple detail.




Oh, this is some cute guy wandering up my driveway with my mail, oh how nice!

2 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Well..now this is a really nice mail man..lol

Cathe said...

Yes he's very nice indeed!

 

avandia class action lawsuit