I posted about my "traveling lace" camisole over the weekend, here is the other part of the project, the blouse. As I mentioned my first attempt was to use a vintage pattern and create a blouse…urgh what a disaster…so on to the second try!Next pattern, one that I had been thinking about for sometime and decided time was up so fast forward to making the blouse…wrap shirt. All went really well although at one point I started to over think the directions, stop, just read what's on the page, point by point and do what it says to do and no more. And magically it all went together…dang!
As with Lucy, Charlotte also deserved her own label…Ta-da a label in honor of Charlotte and the traveling lace project. (Thank you Charlotte, this was so fun!)





6 comments:
OMG! This is soooo amazing! First, I love that pattern and have been wondering how it looks all made up! Second, the fabric is divine and you look stunning! Also, how lovely is that label that says charlotte!!! Oh! So fabulous! I love it!!!!
This is the most beautiful blouse..and it looks great on you..
Thank you ladies for the kind words. It was a very enjoyable project!
This is just beautiful! I have also been eyeing this pattern and it really is pretty made up! You look absolutely lovely in this!
I've got to ask, do you ever improvise with your patterns, or do you follow them pretty closely? Just curious.
I alter patterns, at the minimum adding length. I have also combined patterns and also added extra detail. So far I have failed at and major attempt at drafting. Usually I don't follow the pattern exactly and from my friends at Treadle I have learned different methods of doing things. Plus for some reason I just don't read patterns very well, better at visual learning...pictures work best for me!
Post a Comment