Originally I had planned to make top C but for no apparent reason I decided I preferred top A. I had what I thought was some very nice fabric in red and started to make this shirt. As I started to sew I realized this was not the perfect fabric at all, the weave was too loose, the shape was terrible and when I tried to take out some stitches with the seam ripper it was a nightmare. Typically I would have just stuck with it, suffered, completed the garment, found lots of fault with it and never wore it. I stopped myself and decided it was okay to admit defeat and find more appropriate fabric, which I did. It was so much better all the way around.

I felt it needed a name and a sewn-in label. Stella quickly came to mind (thanks Stell) and there you have it!

1 comment:
I just love,love this blouse. I am so proud that you decided to drop the red one.. Sometimes, when we make wrong choices..It is sooo much easier to just let go, and go to the next garment.I am really trying to learn to do this..I am so proud of you..
Love that pattern..really cute.I will have to check it out.. Happy sewing.
Post a Comment