
I do believe I have made the perfect top for Flashdancing. Seriously this is so 1980's. It didn't occur to me until I finished it up and tried it on.
Oddly this top was extremely long and I took out about 3" from the body and a good 2"+ from the waistline ribbing, that was after I had it almost done, tried it on and found that I was swimming in blue shirt or I could pull it straight down and let it sit above my knees. On the right person it would have looked great in its longer state, I happen not to be the right person.
The only other alteration I made was to change the v-neck to a soft rounder neckline.
Super simple pattern although I have to agree with other bloggers who have made comments about sewing jersey knit items. The interior sewing is sloppy. I'm not sure how to make a cleaner finish and does it really matter, probably not.

I knew it, you thought Jennifer Beals was me, easily mistaken…HA! No doubt it was the shirt that threw you.


No comments:
Post a Comment