August 20, 2010

The Lotus

Okay I don't see the humor (as this model apparently does) in this at all, in fact this image really turned me off from making this shirt but wait…

This is darn cute, but why is it called a cami? If I look up the word "cami" it's really an undergarment but has been moved up in status to outerwear. I think I might be more comfortable with a descriptive word like "top" or "shirt", yes, I'm splitting hairs…

So here is "The Lotus" The pattern is pretty direct, I made a few alterations, just simplified a few things, added a little length and that was that! I had this pattern sitting around for a few years. The image on the package is deceiving and for the longest time I wondered why I bought it, then I saw it made up in a store and thought differently about it. I really like it.




I decided to make a sewn- in label. I used Jenny Hart's embroidery stencils. I was thinking if this shirt went to a thrift store someday and someone found a little hedgehog in it, I'm sure that would make them smile.



No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit