August 1, 2010

I didn't get it done…

In fact I only cut out the pattern and it's only four pieces! Not sure why I'm so slow this weekend. I'm working on the right top although I like the left one too. I'm sure I'll make it as well. It'll just have to be an after work project, always fun!

This is a very blurry picture, sorry. I'm very excited to use the twin needles again! It's just so cool! It's one of those things that I don't really "get" but totally amazed at how it works. You set your machine on a regular straight stitch, thread two spools from the top down to the two needles, and one bobbin. The end result is two straight parallel stitches on top and a zig-zag stitch on the backside. Amazing!

The classes continue at Treadle. In two weeks I start an intermediate class and decided to make the short sleeved shirt. More sewing adventures to come!

No comments:

 

avandia class action lawsuit