I love the illustrations on old pattern envelopes. The women always look so put together. Not even on a good day do I come across so planned! When I was growing up, dresses like this were referred to as "shifts", simple sleeveless dresses. I'm not sure where a shift came from or where it went but I don't think it is part of our language any more.
I'm in the middle, actually the beginning of one shirt (Rodeo Girl) and almost done with another (Amy Butler's Lotus cami). Rodeo Girl is what I'm sewing in class. Someone in class asked me if I "square dance", ummm…no…uh-oh is this looking like a costume???? I did not ask this out loud. I thought this shirt was so cute and vintagy but maybe it's more clown. Great…nothing like self doubt!
On a brighter note Lotus is coming along. I hope to have it done by the end of the week, if time is on my side.


No comments:
Post a Comment